The Product Specialist provides customer centric support to develop new products and identify the best choice for existing product(s) for customer purchase within the company product line. This position works closely with members of marketing, sales, customer service and operations departments to ensure continuity and completeness of product offering for any customer needs or requests. The Product Specialist is also responsible for adhering to and promoting the company values by performing duties in a manner that is consistent with being a team leader and supports the continued growth of the company.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- • Manage New Product Development requests for evaluations of make/buy recommendation source procurement and Return on Investment (ROI) analysis.
- • Set up and establish all product data within computer system, currently Net Suite, setting and maintaining all cross reference parts and machine fits relevant to the SKU.
- • Create and assist in project based product marketing providing initial product marketing data and plans as required/needed.
- • Assist Product Manager with evaluations related to product determinations, comparisons and analysis and set up functional tests or models as needed.
- • Conduct product training classes and assist Customer Service to identify correct parts for customer orders.
- • Field inbound calls from customers requesting technical support.
- • Responsible for assisting with RMA's and follow-up with customer for any product fit, failure, or deficiency cited.
- • Create and/or update the product sections of the Customer Service training manual.
- • Create and/or keep/update data files pertaining to product information for marketing and customer service needs/use.
- • Assist and provide backup coverage for Customer Service Department when required.
- • Continual self-education on Product Line, (i.e.) attend OEM Classes.
- • Problem Solving/Analysis.
- • Technical Capacity (i.e., can read and interpret drawings, blue prints and schematics)
- • Communication (Oral, Presentation and Writing) Proficiency.
- • Personal Effectiveness/Credibility/Ambition/Hunger to continue learning and growing.
- • Time Management Skill, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects on schedule.
- • Data rationalization with ability to see and simplify multiple inputs/data sources.
- • Curiosity and desire to understand how and why things work the way they do.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
May have some local travel during the business day. Occasionally, out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be required.
Required Education and Experience
- • Average to above knowledge of Product Line (Commercial Floor Care)
- • Customer Service Experience.
- • Experience with Sourcing, Costing and Inventory Management.
- • Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- • Proven ability to meet daily, weekly, monthly and long-term deadlines and goals.
Preferred Education and Experience
Two (2) years of product development experience in commercial floor care, automotive, hardware or after-market parts environment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- • Proven professional communication skills with customers and vendors.
- • Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.